"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward." -Unknown
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals, Happy New Year! I am very humbled to lead this organization into the new decade with a supportive Board of Directors. It is very important to me that we are closely associated with our past as we plan for the future.
My 2020 Vision for the organization is as follows:
- Establish strategic partnerships with global industry organizations.
- Ensure our members have access to educational opportunities (CMP, CMM, CHSP, CASE, etc.).
- Reclaim past members, retain current members, and welcome new members.
- Elevate NCBMP as the authority and advocate of Black Meeting Professionals.
- Create innovative activations to empower and maximize business opportunities for all members.
As we plan for this new decade, we will begin 2020 by being focused on the five points listed above. It is my hope that each of you will join us on this journey as we are currently inspired by the past, standing at the intersection of the present, and moving towards the future.